Veterans Day is an official public holiday of United States of America. It is the annual festival which grandly celebrated on 11th November. This special day also marks the end of World War I. Earlier, the day was known as Armistice Day, which had been changed to Veterans Day in the year 1954. It is celebrated in the remembrance of soldiers who scarified and served their life to United States armed force. In other parts of the world, this day is commemorated as Remembrance Day and Armistice Day. The citizens of US nation celebrate this incredible event with great zeal and enthusiasm. Also most of the organizations gives special offers to current as well as former members of Army.
Veterans Day is a day when we honor and pay respects to those people who fight for us. Veterans Day is a day to honor those who served who have the fortune of coming back home. We should be honoring America’s veterans every day of the year. November 11 is a national day to recognize the sacrifices of our nation’s heroes.
Here are some essay topics that you can use for writing an Essay for Vaterns Day.
Essay Ideas for Happy Veterans Day
1. Write about the way that a specific veteran (or veterans in general) has/have had an impact on
2. If you have served in our military, write about why you chose to serve your country through
military service, and what are some lessons learned from that experience?
3. Why is Veteran’s Day such an important day?
4. Why are veterans heroes both at home and abroad?
5. What are some ways that citizens can and should support and honor our American veterans?
6. For those who have been in the military, discuss the ways in which being in the military
changed you and changed your life.
7. Write about the experience of having a family member who serves in the military.
8. Choose one of the following quotes and base your essay on it:
“This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” Elmer
“America’s veterans embody the ideals upon which America was founded more than 229 years
ago.” Steve Buyer
“But this Veterans Day, I believe we should do more than sing the praises of the bravery and
patriotism that our veterans have embodied in the past. We should take this opportunity to
re-evaluate how we are treating our veterans in the present.” Nick Lampson
So these were some Happy Veterans Day Essay Topic Suggestions which you can pick to speak before assembly.
I hope you liked the article and if you liked the article then don’t forget to share it on social media such as facebook, twitter, pinerest and other social platforms.
- Veterans Day Images
- Veterans Day Photos
- Veterans Day Pics for Facebook
- Veterans Day Drawings
- Veterans Day Pictures to Download
- Veterans Day 2016 Status with images for Facebook
- Free Veterans day Facebook Cover Pictures for Timeline
- Veterans Day Poems 2016
- Best Veterans Day Inspirational Quotes
- Veterans Say Thank you Quotes
- Famous Quotes About Veterans
- Veterans Day Quotes and Sayings by Presidents
- Veterans Day Message to Employees
- Veterans Day Message to Husbands
- Veterans Day Message to Brothers